Our publications are based on thousands of use cases ...
Deployed the Lean Sigma program in Asia with the highest productivity of all the regional deployment teams through innovative solutions with high benefits and reduced lead times
- Aligned the engagement with executive stakeholders.
- Defined strategic requirements.
- Created deployment plans.
- Ensured resource alignment to projects. Trained Champions for an opportunity assessment across several countries.
- Identified use cases and high-impact Black Belt projects.
- Created a project roadmap.
- Defined metrics and baselines. Defined project benefits.
- Established reporting dashboards. Coached Black Belt to solutions.
- Helped launch pilots, scale solutions, implement and control Transitioned the projects to business owners.
Provides a practical reference to plan and conduct Kaizen events in service systems and office environments:
- This 2nd edition provides insight into the new tools and methods Lean Six Sigma process improvement professionals need to improve customer experience and increase productivity within high transaction processes across complex information technology ecosystems. It is a one-stop self-contained reference for the application of Lean Six Sigma methods enhanced by powerful approaches for process improvement in highly complex service processes. Several new leading-edge topics are integrated into this new edition, such as:
- The "voice of” customers, suppliers, employees, and partners
- Design Thinking Alignment
- Ecosystems in Information Technology
- Metadata Definition and Lineage
- Information Quality Governance
- Big Data Collection and Analytics
- Mapping High Volume Transactions through Systems
- Robotic Process Automation Applications
- Automating for Solution Sustainability
- Governing Organizations
- Data Privacy (General Data Protection Regulation)
Reducing Process Risk
In this book, interrelationships between more than 40 recent catastrophic events are explored, discussing failures of structures and machines, information technology, regulatory agencies, security designs, and more:
- This book describes some of the underlying attitudes and behavior of individuals and groups from a social psychological perspective. It analyzes twenty-five recent catastrophic examples of product and service failures. Each incident is analyzed using the tools and methods to identify the causes of failure. The case studies include well-known incidents that occurred in construction, aviation, information technology, health care, security, and other industries.:
- Examples of construction failures include the recent San Francisco Bay Bridge repairs, the catastrophic collapse of the I-35W Mississippi River Bridge in Minnesota, Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans, and the Chernobyl disaster.
- Aviation failures include Air France Flight 447 and Continental Connection Flight 3407 near Buffalo, New York.
- Information technology failures include the Mariner I Space Probe explosion, the National Cancer Institute, Panama City miscalculated radiation dosages, and similar incidents.
- Health care failures include SARS in Asia and production problems associated with the H1N1 Swine Flu Virus.
- Regulatory failures include Security and Exchange (SEC) regulatory issues, Fannie and Freddie issues, and food contamination.
- Security failures include the constant assault of software viruses on information technology systems and the difficulty of identifying terrorists.
- Political failures include energy policies and management, healthcare coverage, and other examples.
- The human and property costs of each incident are identified and analyzed to demonstrate that failure prevention is usually both feasible and economic.
- Operational Excellence, Second Edition – Breakthrough Strategies for Improving Customer Experience and Productivity brings together leading-edge tools, methods, and concepts to provide process improvement experts a reference to improve their organization’s quality, productivity, and customer service operations. Its major topics include the alignment of strategy to the design of supporting systems to meet customer expectations, manage capacity, and improve performance. It provides a concise and practical reference for operational excellence. Its fourteen chapters lead a reader through the latest tools, methods, and concepts currently used to capture the "voice of" customers, partners, and other stakeholders, new strategies for the application of Lean, Six Sigma, as well as product and service design across diverse industries, including manufacturing to financial services.
- New topics are introduced in the second edition. These include Design Thinking, the "voice-of" Information Technology Ecosystems, Big Data applications, and Robotic Process Automation. Key topics from the first edition remain. These include Design-for-Six-Sigma (DFSS), Lean and Six Sigma methods, productivity analysis, operational assessments, project management, and other supporting topics. Each chapter contains tools and methods that will help readers identify areas for operational improvements. It contains ~300 figures, tables, and checklists to help increase organizational productivity. Practical examples are integrated through the book.
- Fully revised to cover recent dramatic developments in supply chain improvement methodologies, this strategic guide brings together the Six Sigma and Lean manufacturing tools and techniques required to eliminate supply chain issues and increase profitability. This updated edition offers new coverage of enterprise kaizen events, big data analytics, customer loyalty metrics, security, sustainability, and design for excellence.
- The structured 10-Step Solution Process presented in the book ensures that clear goals are established, and tactical objectives are consistently met through the deployment of aligned Lean Six Sigma projects. Written by a Master Black Belt and Lean Six Sigma consultant, this practical resource also provides an inventory model and Excel templates for download at www.mhprofessional.com/LSSSCM2.
- Lean Six Sigma for Supply Chain Management, Second Edition, covers:
- Lean Six Sigma applications for service, supply chain, and manufacturing systems.
- Deploying Lean Six Sigma projects using Lean tools and models
- Demand management impact on Lean Six Sigma projects
- Lead time impact on Lean Six Sigma projects
- Root-cause analysis using Six Sigma Tools (with operations research methods)
- Applications to Lean Six Sigma supply chains and third-party logistics.
- Big data analytics, security, and sustainability applications
- Voice of the Customer, Kano, and loyalty metrics
- Supply chain design for excellence methods
- Lean Six Sigma maturity model.
- Measuring and Improving Performance: Information Technology Applications in Lean Systems, explains how the effective use of Lean project management methods can increase the productivity of information system deployment in service and manufacturing organizations. It is targeted towards project managers and executives in information technology (IT) to help improve team productivity using Lean methods. The book identifies common and operational issues that help or hinder project execution.
- The focus is on the deployment of Lean methods to more effectively design IT systems related to workflow management (WM), enterprise application integration (EAI), business activity monitoring (BAM), business intelligence (BI), business process modeling and analysis (BMA), business process management(BPM) and business process management suite (BPMS) systems and major components.
- The book also demonstrates how the deployment of IT projects and their resultant information technology platforms are impacted by Lean project management methods. This discussion will use concepts from queuing theory, psychology, group dynamics, workflow design as well as the translation of customer requirements into design specifications.